A Whole New World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Pokemon Role Play that will open your eyes to another world entirely.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules and Regulations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jolon/Black
Admin
Jolon/Black

Rules and Regulations Empty
PostSubject: Rules and Regulations   Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:55 pm

► Basic and essential rules.
Just control yourself, don't violate rules and such. At least two paragraphs between 7 and 10 sentences each. Writer's block and lack-of-anything-to-do-ness I will be more lenient towards.

Please be active. That was what killed my last four remakes of this. Post at least 2-3 times a week, that is what I ask. After a week of lack of posting, I will send you a PM. Nine days another PM. Eleven days, you're out. (I work during the day, so expect most of the action to happen later (American times)

No Cybering, Godmodding or Autohitting. Trolling I will not tolerate on the main board for obvious reasons, but it is acceptable on the OoC if you are accepted as a member of this community. Three strikes for that as well.

Romance and violence are encouraged. They add a little... flavor to the roleplay. But like most fine spices, too much can ruin any good dish. No cussing every other word or too-passionate romance.

► Posting.

Have an OoC post? Take it to the OoC thread. That's why it's there. Unless it's something small that can be added at the end of a post with brackets or braces or something.

Once Pokemon are obtained, please include a sprite of all Pokemon you have on you, plus its level, HP, EXP and moveset. This will be essential for when battling starts. (I'm working on how best to do this with this site, bear with me)

Longer introductory post please. There's a lot to write about, especially if your character is not a native New Yorker. Twenty paragraph posts are superfluous, but they should be longer than two paragraphs at least.

ONE LINERS WILL BE BOOTED IMMEDIATELY.

GRAMMAR. GRAMMAR. GRAMMAR. There is a difference between improper grammar and writing style.

► The general plotline.
I will be playing the NPC Satoshi Tajiri, as well as some of the Gym Leaders, Birch, etc. etc. As the plot post said, he (Tajiri) is the one who will be handing out the events personally (If you missed the conversation, go back and reread it or you will be confused). You can go into the Pokemon world whenever your character wants (interaction before obtaining the event is encouraged), and everyone will start off in Littleroot Town.

Your character will NOT have the option of choosing their own starter; they will have the starter, not pre-starter that their character has in the Pokemon Special Manga or for the sidegames, the Pokemon that character starts out with.
Back to top Go down
https://apokemonworld.rpg-board.net
Josh/Green

Josh/Green

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations   Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:29 am

Please note that i have NO idea if this would work or not, but we could use Pokemon Online to do battles. You could set up your own Pokemon World RPG V.2 server. This would make it the most realistic as possible experience and sure, people could cheat, but if they do, they just shouldn't be here. If you're here, you want to have FUN, not to take away from the fun of others.

Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Dante/Emerald

Dante/Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations   Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:25 am

To add to this, signatures would be very useful for this part:

Quote :
Once Pokemon are obtained, please include a sprite of all Pokemon you have on you, plus its level, HP, EXP and moveset. This will be essential for when battling starts. (I'm working on how best to do this with this site, bear with me)

We could add sprites into it, along with HP that we would have to upkeep on our own? Not sure if everyone is that responsible. I know I might not be.

Just a thought. Smile

Edit: By process of elimination, I've narrowed the signature character limit to be somewhere between 900 and 1000.
If we did this, it would have to be made probably x10 or so larger.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/KoolerKii
Josh/Green

Josh/Green

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations   Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:06 am

True, a lot of this kind of stuff relies on people being honest. I'd try be honest, but we can't trust anyone, especially ourselves. If anyone knows C++, Basic or python, they could make a program for it?
Back to top Go down
Dante/Emerald

Dante/Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations   Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:48 am

Josh/Green wrote:
True, a lot of this kind of stuff relies on people being honest. I'd try be honest, but we can't trust anyone, especially ourselves. If anyone knows C++, Basic or python, they could make a program for it?

Wouldn't need a wizard of programming to do that one, just a basic calculator I think.

Last edited by Dante/Emerald on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josh/Green

Josh/Green

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations   Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:23 am

Well, if we had battles, we need both players (both so the other cannot cheat and say something different happened at the end of the battle) to be able to input their end HP, SP, Status effects and items used. The program keeps a database of Player, their Pokemon and each Pokemon's attributes + Status. Now that i'm thinking of it, this would take a while... pale
Back to top Go down
Dante/Emerald

Dante/Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations   Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Josh/Green wrote:
Well, if we had battles, we need both players (both so the other cannot cheat and say something different happened at the end of the battle) to be able to input their end HP, SP, Status effects and items used. The program keeps a database of Player, their Pokemon and each Pokemon's attributes + Status. Now that i'm thinking of it, this would take a while... pale

I imagine all of this would eventually be unneeded work, so I think it would be best to not worry about it for now.

Getting everyone situated first seems like the first priority for now.
Back to top Go down
Josh/Green

Josh/Green

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations   Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:18 am

You are correct, we can work out all these things together and at a later date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations   Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules and Regulations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Whole New World :: Sandbox (OOC and Bios) :: All New Members Go Here-
Jump to: